Sunday 7 May 2017

Abd Karim says looking forward to ‘bringing good things to Sarawak’

May 7, 2017

KUCHING: Newly-promoted minister Datuk Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah said he is looking forward to ‘bringing good things to Sarawak’ in the tourism and sport industries.

The Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports said he was excited to be given the portfolio following the cabinet reshuffle the Chief Minister Datuk Amar Abang Johari Tun Openg announced yesterday.

“The portfolio given to me is an interesting one and I love that kind of portfolio. I believe the chief minister knows where my interest is because I’m quite close to him.

“It’s just that I’m quite surprised and at the same time I’m sad that I’m leaving Housing and Urbanisation Ministry because that’s another area where I have been quite involved in the last few years,” he said when met after the announcement at the Borneo Convention Centre Kuching here.

Abd Karim was assistant minister for housing and assistant minister for youth and sports prior to the major cabinet reshuffle.

He said he understood he could not be holding too many portfolios and so he would focus on the new portfolio in order to deliver.

“This one is quite a handful already, but it will be an interesting career for me.

There would be a lot of challenges, and I will try to bring good things to Sarawak, on tourism, arts, youth and sports.

“I want to thank the chief minister for having faith in me to be in-charge of the portfolio. I also want to thank the constituents of Asajaya for without their continued support all along, I will not be where I am now,” he added. -TheBorneoPost

No comments:

Post a Comment